My husband filed for chap.13 in Jan.2017. We owed a total of 25,000 on our house.

My husband got sick and now has dementia. Every month we have paid our payment to the trustee. Our servicer was Ditech. The sold this loan in June of 2017 to Shellpoint.

I was told that the payment we were making to the trustee would pay off the mortgage at the end of 5 years. Well now Shellpoint sent my attorney sayibg we had to pay an additional $3,000 for expenses incurred after our bankruptcy. They want to foreclose and stated we have no equity in our house. Our house has been assessed for $175,000 and we have been here for 32 years.

How is any of this possible? Why is this even an issue. There was no mention of making a separate payment to them in our legal papers and why did it take them almost a year to say anything? You bet I want to be a part of this lawsuit!

I thought Ditech was bad, but this is so horrible and such a nightmare.

I thought we were doing okay as far as our home. I'm hearbroken.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Mortgage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

We just came out of a chapter 13 bankruptcy. The original lender that held our 2nd mortgage agreed to the terms of the bankruptcy and accepted the payments from the trustee.

Now it appears they sold the 2nd to this company and now every cent we paid to resolve this debt was wasted. We’ve concluded the bankruptcy so I’m not really sure what to do.

#1619403
@Anonymous

The same exact thing happened/is happening to us, except when we came out of our Chapter 13 they said nothing! They returned 3 months of payments to our bankruptcy attorney and said that we owed them $44,000 dollars which is absolutely absurd!

Our lawyer called them to get proof of the amount we owed and they informed him that they couldn't speak to him, even though they had just mailed him our last 3 house payments. Now we are 9 months down the road and they won't speak with us, but they did sent us a default letter saying that we owe them $28,000 or they'll file to accelerate a foreclosure. We have been in contact with our lawyer, but I want them to pay for the stress and emotional duress that they have caused our family. We did everything by the book with our Ch.

13 and expected to come out of it with a clean slate, but that did not happen for us. All we can do now is wait until they file for foreclosure and then our lawyer says he'll respond because there's really nothing to do at this point. We are so frustrated, sad, overwhelmed and just ready to be done with this, but we will not relinquish our home. We plan to fight as much and as long as we have to.

We are in our late 40s and have been here for 17+ years and at this point we wouldn't even know where to start. This company needs to be held accountable for all of the heartache and pain that they have caused people and money and homes that they have stolen from so many others.

*** our mortgage was sold to ditech and then to new penn/shellpoint while we were in ch. 13.

ShellPoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews