Shellpoint makes you jump through hoops to get your money from an insurance claim released. They hold on to your money as long as possible, lie about what disbursements will be.

I spoke to them on the phone about what was completed and sent them quotes from a roofer and flooring guy, along with the receipts and waiver from the contractors saying they completed the work and did not have a lien on the house.

After all that they insisted on sending a inspector saying they need to do the inspection to release more of my money, but the inspector came back saying only 50% of the work was complete. Therefore Shellpoint would not release any more money, those 2 items were 70% of the money but they go by number of items to be fixed. And they charge you $50 per inspection.

They knew how much of the work was completed before sending the inspector and charging me.. It's a scam for them to make more money and to hold on to your money as long as possible.

I will never use or recommend them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Ginelle

Doesn't sound right to me. Who pay for the home insurance, you or them. State Farm had better not give my claim money to them unless they want Shellpoint to pay my premiums on my auto & home.

Kauan

I am having the same issue.

ShellPoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews