Cary, North Carolina

We had the very same experience as you. Bank of America sold our mortgage to them, and some time later, we had to file for bankruptcy.

They rarely sent statements before the bankruptcy, but they never sent us one after bankruptcy. I signed and faxed a request for them to start sending statements on three different occasions. It finally took a letter from our state commissioner of banking's representative to get them to respond to us. They sent about 5 statements after that, but stopped again, & didn't send one for 5 months.

I called them to ask why, and they said it was because we had filed for bankruptcy! I explained that that was three years ago. And we have just gone round and round like a carousel. They reported us to the credit bureaus as having paid late in January, but I did make a payment.

On time! However, there ALWAYS seems to be an escrow shortage, so I had no idea there was a new higher payment due in January. Trying to rebuild your credit, while these idiots hold your mortgage? Good luck.

One more year will be 4 years since we filed chapter 7.

Will hopefully by then have very little debt, a better credit score, and then PLEASE LORD! Let us get a refinance with another company!

Product or Service Mentioned: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Mortgage.

Comments