Steve H Qws

URGENT SERVICING REQUIRED loan #067750****

Dear Shellpoint, Re. Escrow held insurance funds on loan # I am reaching out via email due to the inability to connect with any Shellpoint customer service representatives over the phone.
Pros:
  • Send correct bills and keep track of the mortgage
Cons:
  • No customer service representatives to speak with

Preferred solution: A phone number that someone will answer

User's recommendation: I emailed all of these emails and one, I don't know which, got back to me: ndickerson@***.com joshua.bishop@***.com, jason.braxton@***.com, michael.hawkins@***.com, elizabeth.truong@***.com, shane.ross@***.com, kyle.ross@***.com, christopher.mccormick@***.com, chris.mccormick71@***.com, dhwerner75@***.com, lakesideoutfitters@***.com, cguindon@***.com, jason.yates@***.com

Tracy W Dmu

Illegal foreclosure

Would give 0 if we could! Foreclosures on our home, while we have emails proving we were working on modification, claim we signed registered mail notices when we have proof we were in the hospital with our daughter!

Never provided a notice to cure. How can they say that with a principal owed of 220,000, that 10,000 a month income is not enough for a modification to save the home? Oh, and then they auctioned the property within 2 days, not allowing for a review! It's okay, we are pursuing legal action.

Honestly, with the contaminated soil and the 200+ year old leach field system we informed them about, good luck!

Even an as-is auction sale in MA does not cover septic issues. Four requests for full accounting of foreclosure as our principle was 214,000 and now it 400,000+ , have yet to receive

Desired settlement:

Request accounting statements, and we are aware the bank purchased property for over principal amount owed so we are owed money

Loss:
Cons:
  • Read above

Preferred solution: Complaint with BBB AND LAWYERS

User's recommendation: Stay far away

Guest

If they get less than owed on the property. They will pursue you for the difference. Guess what, because it was a secured loan it is immune from bankruptcy.

Guest

I totally understand that however they have tried to inflate owed principal to 430,000 and have refused to turn over accounting documents. We also requested several times to sell via email even had a buyer BEFORE the date of auction and Shellpoint refused to acknowledge with required steps! Everything is via email because of the forged certified signatures AND we never received a notice to cure

MATTHEW H Tts

Check my package

Guest

If your principal was $214,000 and the bank foreclosed, that is the end of you having any part of any involvement. It now belongs to what was your lender. If your lender sold it say for $500,000, that $286,000 is your lenders.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Disappointing Experience with Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing

I recently had a challenging experience with Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing that I feel compelled to share. Throughout my ownership of a vacation condo, I encountered issues related to their insurance practices that left me dissatisfied.

One major concern was their handling of forced insurance, which they implemented as a revenue stream.

Despite providing documentation that clearly indicated a $300,000,000 building coverage on the first page of my policy for the vacation condo complex, Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing claimed they couldn't see the overall coverage. This discrepancy led to an unjustified $5000 charge for forced insurance, which persisted since the inception of the loan.

I took the necessary steps to address these concerns by reporting the matter to various government agencies. However, the challenges persisted, including the refusal to provide a payoff within the legal time limit when I sold the condo.

What further adds to my disappointment is the fact that Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing has faced legal issues in multiple states and has been found guilty.

This raises questions about how such practices can continue and why the company is still in business.

I share this experience not only as a means of expressing my frustration but also to raise awareness about the challenges others may face with Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing. It's essential for consumers to be informed and cautious when dealing with such companies to prevent further instances of questionable practices.

User's recommendation: Stay Away

Norman M Ipc

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Info I needed, don't really know about computers and stuff??

I just needed information. Don't hear hardly at all on the phone. I want to add our son on the deed to our house to help him as our exceutor instead of probate problems at our passing. Can this be done legally?? NWM
Randal M Aoe

| map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Insurance claim

I am the contractor on one of your clients residential losses. I am needing to speak with someone immediately regarding this claim. Please call me ASAP at (317) 499 **** to speak about the issue at hand. Thank you, Moon

Classaction lawsuit

These company is the worst, they request the same documents over and over. They send letters stating they have everything and 3 weeks later they notify that your modification was not approved because you fail to submit your requested documents.

Based on all the reviews here with the same identical issues, we definitely have a lawsuit. I'm going to see my attorney on Monday to discuss the possibility of a lawsuit.

It's like they want you to just give up taking there crap so that they can come in and take your home. Please respond if you agree, I know a lot of people have lost there homes due to this company's incompetence and to say it's an umbrella company for Bank of America.

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Guest

They have played me for 7 months on a deferment program only to say something went wrong on their end and have to resubmit at the first of the month. Then I get a letter saying my loan is in default, pay full amount or foreclosure process begins.

Trinda Zvo

This is so true, I have had the same problems with shell point, and the Insurance for lender placed ,controlled by shellpoint is another story in it self They are the worse, I suggest listing your complaints with the banking commission ,and or Insurance commission.

Guest

paid off my morgage in 2019 and they have added more money sqaying they own my morgage ..currently have atterneys but shellpoint keeps putting everyone off

Nicole Wcz
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2001273

Currently have a suit against them and twice now they act like they want to work w us and settle only to go way past time that was allotted them to renig at last minute and continue thier wrongful foreclosure proceedings.

reply icon Replying to comment of Nicole Wcz

I have had the same experience for the past 11 years with no help in sight !

Brevyn Bip
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2032621

They have never responded to numerous packets sent. !

I have been fighting with these CHEATING BASTARDS for 12 years , bogus attorneys , inspections and forced insurance ! DOJ should step in and shut this bunch of THIEVES DOWN !

Guest

Wow, I am so glad to see that other people do not want to take this. They have royally screwed us over.

Always asking for more paper work and saying they did not receive it. All the while they are tacking on thousands of late fees. I tried for five months to get through and nothing. The last guy I talked to was a couple of weeks ago and was extreamly rude to me.

Very sarcastic and told me to stop using Covid for a reason. He told me now I owe $11,000 to bring it current or it will go to forclosure. !!! Also, they kicked me off the website so I could not get information.

I can go on and on.....I have call logs and more.

We will be ruined if we loose our house. Bottom line......Shellpoint can not be allowed to screw people over!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1988379

Start your story from the beginning... You stopped making payments that you agreed to in the Note.

Wilbur Uoo
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1988389

A comment Pissed consumer asked me to start my story from the beginning. This is the key highlights this is by no means every detail of the negligence not just SHELLPOINT but many mortgage servicers show to consumers like us and if you think that your home has been or has been lost in a foreclosure or you've been charged fees that such as monthly property inspection fees, or over the phone or online fees on making your payment follow this link http://Gucovschi-law.com/mortgages and fill out your online submission!

Here is the story that made the online submission form a reality for us who have fallen victim to SHELLPOINT preditory way of servicing loans! 2009/ have hello letters from us bank serviced by Bayview mortgage and a modification that surprisingly added 25,000 onto the principal of my loan. Neither the transfer of title or modification were ever recorded in the record of deeds department in Delaware County courthouse. I resides in Pennsylvania we here it is required to do so.

2013 my loan was transfered to kirkland financial. 11/2017 completed a forebarance agreement w/kirkland financial llc. 12/2017 my loan was again transfered to Us Bank only this time they were serviced by shell point. I was not aware of this transfer at this point.

-12/2017 made payment to kirkland -01/2018 made payment to kirkland -02/2018 made payment to kirkland 02/2018 recv an email from kirkland stating shell point is my new servicer. 02/21/2018 got a hello email from shell point starting they were a debt collector. 03/01/2018 rec hello letter also stating they were a debt collector. I called shell point to be place on call w customer service rep to make over phone payment.

She proceeded to tell me that my mortgage was in arrearage for Jan as nd feb payment now with March due. 03/02/2018 faxed bank statement to customer service rep. 03/03-03/12 made several attempts by phone and email to follow up on my correction of account and asked for validity of debt due to escrow balance being -3458.00 and by this time also faxed a copy of forebarance and email from kirkland stating all forebarance grace period money was applied to escrow now as of 2018 bringing my total account current. 03/12/2018 without any response from shell point regarding any of this I went on the customer portal made an account and submitted 3/2018's payment.

. 04/06/2018 Rec'v first if many Account default notice to accerlate foreclosure notices. Called shell point to be directed to foreclosure department to be told that all my contact info was not mine infact phone with different states area code and address to be sent was in a total different city. After hours of convincing them they were wrong was put in touch with the head of department only to basically be told oo well ur screwed..again asked SHELLPOINT to validate the debt they state they were attempting to collect.

Which by this point was not only a negative escrow balance, they also reflected $13.50 monthly property inspection fees. 04/3018- scared to death at this point, being a single mom since my now two teenagers were infants years and having temp emergency custody of my two nieces and nephew, I scrambled to find an atty. Through reviews (that ended up being fake btw) reached out to an atty and after initial consult was told that after their review to save my home I'd have to enter into bankruptcy and it requires a 2500 $ initial payment upon filing another 1500 as nd throughout my bankruptcy they'd add the remaining $4000 ty I be paid through my monthly bankruptcy payments. 04/2018- made payments to atty submitted all paperwork through my case info.

08/2018 recv a mail correspondence stating my bankruptcy was dismissed. 08/2018 called atty to reach a strange voice it was a new paralegal who said it was dismissed due to old paralegal never filing correct paperwork. 09/2018 proceed w another bankruptcy. YES I KNOW HAVE TWO BACK TO BACK BANKRUPTCY S SHOWING ON MY CREDIT.

10/2018-AFTER PAPERWORK IS SUBMITED ATTY CALLS AND DEMANDS ANOTHER 2500$ PAYMENT OR SHE WILL NOT ATTEND THE SCHEDULED SECOND BANKRUPTCY HEARING. Distraught I paid the fee, was told of the 12/2018 hearing and payments would start 01/2019 regular mortgage payments 03/2019 ****- made bankruptcy payments for Jan nd feb. 03/2019 went to make both only to be told of a dismissal due to non payment of Nov and Dec payments made them while waiting for atty to call me back. Went to make mortgage payment to be told automatic stay lifted and in foreclosure again.

Absolutely beside myself I stopped it all got pissed and decided I had nothing left, I had nothing left to lose and that they'd get my home come *** or high water. 04/3019 second bankruptcy dismissed stay lifted only to finally see kirkland financial found out that my deed was never recorded legally back in 2010 and was transfered with no note to follow, they added a lost afvadaita omission. From May of 2019 to late August of 2019 SHELLPOINT had a man in plain clothes posted up at my home daily for hours before he'd leave he'd wait till the kids weren't out front and step into my property where my five children ( I'd by this time obtained 50/50 guardianship of my nieces and nephew due to my only sister's sudden death w my elder parents who reside in the home adjacent to mine) would be it's summer break they're home I'm at work, unable to ever fully concentrate on my job worried if this man who I knew worked for SHELLPOINT because when he'd come onto my property where my oldest 16 yo would be minding my two 15 11 and 7 yo, tape a unsealed, hand addressed plain white envelope with only my ex husband of 16 years name on it, inside foreclosure papers ( that I now know we're ones dismissed by a judge for what I still do not really know all I can guess is because any servicer since 2010 when there was the break in the records of my deeds, legally obtained my note due to that non recorded transfer from citi mortgage to us bank in 2010). All I would think of all day was, is this man really a child predator or worse?

The way SHELLPOINT conducted there prediditory mortgage servicing day to day, I was positive that they did not require child abuse clearances or criminal background checks on whoever they hire to stalk our homes, then come onto our property while most are clueless thinking they're in the safety of their home, worst yet how do the kids feel, did they feel threatened, did they think this man was lurking 24/7? I found myself not only working 10-12 hrs a day , now also pacing my floors unable to sleep worrying about the lurkings of what my girls now called the "poorly dressed, *** guy that tapes the envelope on the door everyday" continued through the night on his own time. I'd call SHELLPOINT to never have my call picked up or messages left answered, I'd try to log onto my web portal to leave a complaint and that's where I first saw a highlighted foot note that stated no payments will be honored or accepted, at least we agreed about something finally. Anyway needless to say all that having to bury my baby sister watch her children nd mine grieve, took a toll on me mentally and physically.

09/2019 shell point finally found a judge to start foreclosure proceedings Sheriff came to house only to serve my then 16 year old son with a side bar comment stating to tell your mom to get an atty. 10//22/2019 ANSWERED THE FORECLOSURE MYSELF W/ PP ROOF READING SND EXHIBIT FINDING TO BE GONE OVER FIRST BY FREE DELCO LEGAL AID. SENT KML(SHELL POINTS ATTYS) answer went to court house to pay and file pro se and then the waiting game. 04/2020 got an email from KML (SHELL POINTS LAWYER) ASKING TO COME TO A RESOLUTION.

I REPLIED NO SEE U IN COURT. 12/2020 BECAUSE OF MY ORIGINAL PISSED CONSUMER REVIEW WAS CONTACTED BY A PARALEGAL FROM A LAW GROUP STATING THST I WAS HEARD. THEY WANTED TO FORM CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. ALSO THAT I HAD GROUNDS FOR A SOLE LAWSUIT FOR MANY VIOLATIONS OF MANY LAWS THAT WERE BROKEN BY SHELLPOINT SND LAW FIRM KML L AS W GROUP.

01/2021 RECV A EMAIL FROM DELAWARE COUNTY COURT TELLING NE THST A TRIAL I NEVER KNEW OF WAS CONTINUED TILL JUNE. 03/2021 I DO NOT RECOMMEND THST ANYONE DO AS I HAD BECAUSE I STILL MSY LISE NY HOME, I DO NOT KNOW, ALL I DO KNOW IS THAT BY THIS IT SOLEY ABOUT PRINCIPAL AND TAKING A STAND AGAINST BIG CORPORATE BUSINESS AND THE WAY THAT THEY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ALL THIS CONSUMER BULLYING ESPECIALLY PRAYING ON SINGLE MOTHER N FATHER'S THE LOWER INCOME CLASSES AND ELDERLY! I AM ALSO REPORTING THE ATTY THAT FIRST DRAINED(STOLE) MY BANK ACCT, PUT ME INTO TWO FORECLOSURES ALL BECAUSE SHE FELL COMPLACENT! IT IS APPALLING HOW ANYONE WHO TAKES AN OATH TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY LICENSED IN CAN SCREW TRUSTING CLIENTS, LEAVING US BROKE AND W/ A VERY BAD TASTE IN OUR MOUTH, RELUCTANT TO BELIEVE ANYTHING ANOTHER ATTY SPEAKS at us, to do anything about the malpractices they've committed against consumers like us, to do anything about it, it fdcc and national bar association!

I do RECOMMEND anyone in a similar situation to reach out to an atty if u can not afford one contact local legal aid, real estate law colleges, post on forums such as this but when you do so make sure you have very detailed yet condensed details about your personal situation courts seem to lean in favor of these mortgage companies due to very broad spectrum real estate laws are written and the different laws in many states vary significantly add the fact that we unfortunately have to face is that judges as well as ATTYS like my first one do become complacent when faced with cases such as ours even if they don't realize it due too the bad taste in their mouths left by the consumers unlike us who abuse the system.

Thankfully a hungry, case by case, humble, yet aggressive atty's paralegal found my original review and left a comment in which I actually read which caused me to seek her out and tell her my story finally and thankfully for me she heard and actually listened with open ears causing her to suggest I send over all documentation I had which consisted of years of mistakes in several ares by many different servicers over those years. For those of you who would like to see if you qualify to be part of a possible class action law suit submit your info to http://Gucovschi-law.com/mortgages Class action lawsuit is being filed follow link to fill out your online submission

Trinda Zvo
reply icon Replying to comment of Samona Sbg

Inspection of your property is every 4 years.

View more comments (217)
John K Urg

No one seems to pick up the phone

You cannot reach Shellpoint at all. They do not pick up the phone and they seem to not respond to emails either.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE

Otilia Gfc

Unfortunate Experience with Loss Draft Department

Unfortunate Experience with Loss Draft Department

I recently experienced a house fire and had to deal with the loss draft department at NewRez Shellpoint Mortgage Company. Unfortunately, the experience was far from satisfactory.

The handling of my money draft was inefficient and caused significant delays.

Despite having possession of my funds for over 60 days, the disbursement process was painfully slow. This lack of urgency on their part led to my contractor leaving the job site due to non-payment.

Now, I am left with a stalled project and the daunting task of finding a new contractor. This has added unnecessary stress and inconvenience during an already difficult time.

The customer service was not helpful in resolving these issues. Queries were not addressed in a timely manner, and when they were, the responses lacked clarity and did not provide any tangible solutions.

In conclusion, my experience with NewRez Shellpoint Mortgage Companys loss draft department has been negative.

The delays in money disbursement have directly impacted my home restoration process, causing unnecessary setbacks. I hope they take this feedback seriously and improve their services for future clients.Unfortunate Experience with Loss Draft Department

I recently experienced a house fire and had to deal with the loss draft department at NewRezz Shellpoint Mortgage Company. Unfortunately, the experience was far from satisfactory.

The handling of my money draft was inefficient and caused significant delays. Despite having possession of my funds for over 60 days, the disbursement process was painfully slow.

Guest

I absolutely agree with your Nightmare! We also had a house fire and they were the most unresponsive, unprofessional, non truthful company I could ever imagine!!!

My stress for almost a year had to have aged me 10+ years. I am SO SORRY for what you are going through.

map-marker Caracas, Capital District

Help i Need to talk with Shell point customer service

Buenas tarde mi nombre Daniela Di Loreto ,escribo desde Caracas Venezuela ,mi LOAN ES 057912**** he intentado llamar varias veces y nunca logro hablar con un operador Mi problema es que me están llegando correos de American Integrity Insurance , advirtiendo que mi póliza de seguros vence en febrero , sinceramente creo que la cuota de mi póliza está anexada a la hipoteca de la casa Quisiera saber está procedura porque me preocupa mucho este problema
map-marker Beaufort, South Carolina

Lost title

Well my sister in law willed me her double mobile home .she passed away in 2019 she had know insurance I paid the payments of 359.21 up till last January 2022.the loan was paid off.i sent all the court papers to shellpolnt marriage company now it has been a year I still don't have a title for my home.i have all the paper work from probate court showing I own the trailer..I can get a hold of anyone at shellpoint morgage .they are located in Greenville South carolinia.where the *** is my title .thank you William Rolley .Hope I'm not just wasting my time.someone need to call me my number 843-929-****...

Adam F Vqw

Mortgage

I have a mortgage with you currently. I am thinking of selling my house and buying a new house would shell point give me a pre approval letter for a new mortgage. Thank you Adam Filoso

Preferred solution: A new mortgage

Karmelo Fnn

Shellpoint claims that both the seller and the buyer(me) owe them $14,000

Recently purchased a home and the sellers mortgage was serviced by Shellpoint Mortgage. 2 months after closing on the home Shellpoint has sent letters to both parties claiming a $14000.00 mistake was made on their part, the mistake apparently being that they forgot or just never accounted for some *** fees/closing costs that they state should have been included at the time of closing.

All parties have signed closing docs and finalized the purchase. They have the nerve to threaten legal action if the $14K is not paid. I contacted my attorney and turned everything of to him to handle. He assured me that Shellpoint does not have the authority or legal right to make me pay for their supposed mistake.

Shellpoint is absolute trash, as far as mortgage companies go they are basically equal to trash water you find in the bottom of a dumpster.

I am amazed that they are still allowed to stay in business after reading the reviews and complaints. *** SHELLPOINT!!!

Cons:
  • Have zero clue what they are doing

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM SHELLPOINT AT ALL COST

map-marker Orlando, Florida

Dispute late payments from credit bureau for acct # 0970148****

To whom it may concern, I was told my acct would not be reported to the credit bureau for late payments while my mortgage was approved for financial hardship due to COVID-19. Please dispute all late charges as promised.
Pedro C Pcb

Home loan

I've been trying to contact this company and nothing. Phone numbers doesn't work and no emails replied. Stay away from them
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Phone number doesnt work and no email reply

Preferred solution: Pay off mortgage loan

User's recommendation: Stay away from them

Jaxon Qil

Hi, I have had the same experience. Did you find any way to contact them?

Norm P Cbz

Verified Reviewer

Calls from my cellphone are blocked

"Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." I get this msg for ANY number I call that is listed for NewRez, Shellpoint, or any of their servicing companies. Same result from each of these numbers: 866-317-**** 888-673-**** 833-914-**** 800-365-**** 866-221-**** 833-422-**** Come to find out, I only get this msg when I call from MY cell phone which is the number listed on my account with NewRez. Calling from any other number goes thru. Seems like my number has been blocked from contacting them. Is this legal?

Preferred solution: would like to get my phone number unblocked.

map-marker Aiken, South Carolina

Trying to get partial release to sell piece of property

My 3 acres is subdivided and I want to sell half of it. I requested a partial release to remove the lien on that piece.

The debt to value of the property is very low, so the partial release wouldn't affect the loan "security". I have been trying for THREE WEEKS to speak to an actual person in the correct department. The loan servicing agent, NewRez, cannot (or will not) put me in contact with the correct department except by email. I was told the loan needs to be 12 months old for a partial release...mine is 10!

I have been trying to speak to someone in hopes of manually overwriting the 2-month discrepancy. This is tying up a large sum of money and the land contract has expired while waiting on a simple callback. NewRez is worthless, and I will never be involved with them again.

Repeatedly told me they would call me and here it is 3 weeks later. Avoid like the plague.

User's recommendation: Avoid like the plague. ZERO customer service/relations.

Brands Related to ShellPoint Mortgage Servicing

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article