Four Corners, Florida
2.9
Interest Rate

After 2.5 years of making on-time automated monthly ACH payments, Shellpoint conducted an escrow account analysis and increased the monthly payment by $400 in November 2015. This would have been acceptable, but someone at Shellpoint miskeyed the escrow analysis as a HUD-1 notice. As a result, the formal letter advising of the new monthly payment amount was not mailed by Shellpoint.

As a result of the short-pay, I received notice in April 2016 that my account was delinquent and home subject to foreclosure. I promptly called Shellpoint who advised of the notification error by Shellpoint. The CSR advised that they would be work on correcting the issue. To date, it has not been resolved and am stuck in a finger pointing game on who is actually responsible for the error.

Since April 2016, I have been fighting with Shellpoint to abate over $5000 in late penalties, because of the $400 per month short pay.

To clarify, the short pay is due to the escrow analysis. I have continued to make on-time payments of all principal and interest, and have not missed any payments. The $5000 in late fees are only due to the escrow short-pay from November 2015.

Both my attorney and I have spoken with several customer service representatives to trying to resolve this in an expeditious, friendly and fair way.

Names of the supervisors are:

Dina Colon - Dina.Colon@shellpointmtg.com

Jennifer King - Jennifer.King@shellpointmtg.com

Gina Behlke - Gina.Behlke@shellpointmtg.com

It is almost 12 months since the issue began and I am very frustrated with the lack of action from Shellpoint. I have wasted dozens of hours waiting on hold and writing letters to them.

Please help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

ShellPoint Mortgage Servicing Cons: Its incompetence, Lack of customer service.

Comments

fridays96761

File a complaint with the CFPB Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. They have 15 days to respond to the complaint.

Shellpoint Mortgage is in fact the worst company I have ever had to deal with.

Thank god I was able to refinance my property and get away from them. This company needs to be severely fined and shut down.

my mortgage was sent to them had sls before was gonna do a modify and now they are telling me it was denied because more income that is not true pleae help