Interest Rate

The servicing on my Home Equity Line of Credit mortgage loan was transferred from another company to Shellpoint.My former servicing company collected my monthly payment accurately for 11 years with no problem.

The first payment, which was November 2016, Shellpoint drafted from my bank account was $350 more than it was supposed to be. They did not notify me they were going to draft more than the correct amount. I called and their Customer Service Representative told me they had boarded the loan improperly and it would be resolved with the December payment. It was not resolved in December.

When I called in January 2017, the first Rep couldn't answer my questions so she transferred me to another rep who tole me "This is a known problem. The payments usually "recalibrate in 4 to 6 months." I told them I am on a fixed income and I have to budget my payments. She said she was sorry and transferred me again and I got voice mail. I just looked online 1/25/17 to see what my Feb payment would be and it is incorrect as well.

I was going to show it to my husband and when I checked online 1/30/2017 they raised the amount $89 over what the incorrect payment was. I do not recommend this company at all. If you are thinking of doing business with them, don't do it.

They are located in Greenville, SC.I have looked on line for other reviews and I found out their original name was Resurgent Mortgage and then they changed it to Shellpoint.

Review about: Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Home Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Staff ill prepared to reconcile records or answer questions, Worst experience ever.

Comments

Yes! They are HORRIBLE! Charging me over $500/month in escrow to pay taxes and insurance that could be paid with less than $200/month!!!